Definición de cuboid en inglés:
More or less cubic in shape: the school was a hideous cuboid erection of brick and glass
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are cuboid watermelons and giant tomatoes, as well as little vignette inserts punctuating the picture - a fruit fly, a strand of human DNA, a repulsive overbred lapdog framed in a prize-winning blue rosette.
- Ankara State Security Court is a vast, cuboid slab of concrete.
- Has anyone commented on just how cuboid his head is before?
sustantivoVolver al principio
1 Geometry A solid which has six rectangular faces at right angles to each other.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Reykjavik buildings, especially, seem to be total shapes: pyramids, prisms, intersecting glass and copper cuboids.
- He didn't know how long he had been standing there, stacking the cuboids one on top of the other.
- They describe the pedestal as an intentionally incomplete cuboid.
2 (also cuboid bone) Anatomy A squat tarsal bone on the outer side of the foot, articulating with the heel bone and the fourth and fifth metatarsals.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The anterior process of the calcaneus is a saddle-shaped bony protuberance that articulates with the cuboid.
- It cuts the cuboid sulcus and the cuboid bone.
- The foot can be divided into three anatomic regions: the hindfoot or rearfoot (talus and calcaneus); the midfoot (navicular bone, cuboid bone, and three cuneiform bones); and the forefoot (metatarsals and phalanges).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The columnar or cuboidal biliary-type cells were pseudostratified and often contained mucin vacuoles.
- As the cyst matures and moves posteriorly through the germarium, somatic cells move to surround each cyst to form a single-layered cuboidal epithelium.
- The tumor cells were elongated and had the appearance of plump endothelial cells in the outer portion of the nests, while they attained cuboidal to polygonal epithelioid contours near the center.
Definición de cuboid en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda