Definición de cuckooflower en inglés:
A spring-flowering herbaceous European plant with pale lilac flowers, growing in damp meadows and by streams. Also called lady's smock.
- Cardamine pratensis, family Cruciferae
- The meadows support a range of grasses and plants including the lilac-coloured blooms of cuckooflower or lady's smock.
- A stretch of damp marshy grassland containing rush species and occasional cuckooflowers runs along the western perimeter of the Southern Meadow.
- Gama Valley is famous for the luxuriantly green forest, colorful cuckooflowers, limpid spring, deep and steep gorges and various birds.
late 16th century: so named because it flowers at the time of year when the cuckoo is first heard calling.
Definición de cuckooflower en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan