A spring-flowering herbaceous European plant with pale lilac flowers, growing in damp meadows and by streams. Also called lady's smock.
- Cardamine pratensis, family Cruciferae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The meadows support a range of grasses and plants including the lilac-coloured blooms of cuckooflower or lady's smock.
- A stretch of damp marshy grassland containing rush species and occasional cuckooflowers runs along the western perimeter of the Southern Meadow.
- Gama Valley is famous for the luxuriantly green forest, colorful cuckooflowers, limpid spring, deep and steep gorges and various birds.
late 16th century: so named because it flowers at the time of year when the cuckoo is first heard calling.
Definición de cuckooflower en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.