Definición de cud en inglés:
Partly digested food returned from the first stomach of ruminants to the mouth for further chewing.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- And I could only stare, my mouth hung open dumbly like a cow gumming its cud.
- She had come here to reject William and instead she was daydreaming about Arthur and watching with a growing sense of repulsion as William chewed incessantly, like a cow with a mouthful of cud.
- They're feasting on some of the best cud for miles.
chew the cud
- We can't worry about not eating shellfish or animals that chew the cud.
- Only those animals having divided hooves and chewing the cud are permitted - in practice, cow, sheep, goat, and deer, but not pig, camel, horse, or rabbit.
- And in the later years, like an old buffalo, sometimes undependable, sluggish, mule-ish, she has a tendency to stop when and where she wants to, chewing the cud in the middle of the road.
- I have never found that that I was helped by clinging to the memory of the wrong done me nor by chewing the cud of bitterness and savoring the thought of some exquisite punishment being meted out to them.
- I was sitting around yesterday, chewing the cud with the fellows, solving the problems of the world, and watching a little rugby out of the corner of my eye.
- Some of the more quick-witted locals are chewing the cud, and guess what they are beginning to wonder if there's a link between the letter and the plane crash.
1(Of a ruminant animal) further chew partly digested food.
Oraciones de ejemplo
2British Think or talk reflectively: we chewed the cud and drank a few beers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
Palabras que riman con cudblood, bud, crud, dud, flood, Judd, mud, rudd, scud, spud, stud, sudd, thud
Definición de cud en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán