- Deserving blame: mercy killings are less culpable than ‘ordinary’ murdersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The above argument is not a defence of genuine culpable negligence.
- We should record in particular that we have found no evidence of deliberate distortion or of culpable negligence.
- Now if that is not a form of culpable negligence, then I do not know what is.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He added: ‘It is difficult to see how the Crown could argue that they hadn't been culpably negligent if they didn't take steps to prevent the forthcoming prosecution witness from accessing the remote sites.’
- Whether on issues to do with the environment or with the family, with economics or with education, with popular culture or with sex, they were wrong to various degrees - from the mildly wrong-headed to the absolutely and culpably mistaken.
- Instead of relating to the good human impulse here, registering it and further encouraging it, some have preferred to emphasize that it isn't enough, that someone is culpably remiss, and so forth.
Middle English (in the sense 'deserving punishment'): from Old French coupable, culpable, from Latin culpabilis, from culpare 'to blame', from culpa 'fault, blame'.