Definición de cultivate en inglés:
- Traditionally, producers begin cultivating the land to prepare for planting in the early spring.
- The abundant rainfall last autumn did not allow them to cultivate the land and sow autumn crops, and they had to substitute with sunflower and maize.
- He cultivated the land, but a big share of the crop went to the money lender.
- No one wants to trample a new plant or compact freshly cultivated soil.
- Did the earthworm choose to dig everlastingly, to pass countless tons of earth through its body over the centuries to help cultivate the soil for plant life?
- Sowing of the seeds is not difficult; cultivate your soil, plant the seeds according to the directions on the packets and water.
- With a dependable and affordable water supply, not only did the growing population have domestic water, they were also able to cultivate commercial crops and plant trees.
- They observed the consequences of deforestation and, in response, developed the practice of planting and cultivating trees for food and for timber.
- South African protea species are cultivated commercially in Australia, France, Spain, and the United States.
- Is it more ethical to cultivate stem cells from embryos created during in vitro fertilization?
- In burn injuries, for example, derma cells are cultivated from epithelium cells and then grow onto the surface of the wound.
- Fully-functional muscle cells only developed after the mesenchymal stem cells were cultivated together with skeletal or heart muscle cells.
- These teachers have the unique opportunity to help students cultivate talents and skills that will enrich the rest of their lives.
- Most importantly, it means carefully designing a system of selection, training, and promotion that cultivates qualities you desire in your leaders.
- Clearly, we need to invent new mechanisms and cultivate new resources for developing and asserting our individual moral authority.
- With attendance estimates for 2000 down 500,000 from that first year, officials are now actively cultivating their local audience.
- Agents countered all such efforts aggressively, hiking through the jungles in search of smuggling trails and cultivating local residents as informers.
- While the US has been preoccupied with combating terrorism and spreading democracy in the Middle East, China has been busy cultivating new friends and allies across the Asia Pacific region.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- To make this land cultivable, the productive approach is through watershed development.
- The inter-annual variation in rainfall and its monthly fluctuation during the season pose uncertainty concerning the success of winter crops, so that only half of the cultivable area is cultivated annually.
- The French then held it for a century but after Napoleon's defeat it became a British colony and it was the British who introduced the sugar cane which still covers 90 per cent of the cultivable land.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- African countries have much cultivatable land and considerable water resources.
- Despite the stark imagery from the famines of the 1980s, it is well endowed with large areas of cultivatable land as well as mountain ranges, swamps and rain forests.
- China's per capita water resources are one-fourth of the amount of the world average, and its per capita area of cultivatable farmland is 40 percent of the world average.
Mid 17th century: from medieval Latin cultivat- 'prepared for crops', from the verb cultivare, from cultiva (terra) 'arable (land)', from colere 'cultivate, inhabit'.
Palabras que riman con cultivatemotivate • ovate • excavate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.