Definición de culture jamming en inglés:
The practice of criticizing and subverting advertising and consumerism in the mass media, by methods such as producing advertisements parodying those of global brands.
- With the ease of a talented DJ, he engages in a form of culture jamming that is at once global and highly personal.
- I dispute the whole notion of culture jamming personally.
- They make satirical subverts instead of adverts and have turned so-called culture jamming, or putting a spanner in the spokes of the mainstream media, into a fine art.
1990s: coined by the US band Negativland.
culture jammer sustantivo
- Example sentences
- As a young musician growing up in London, he made the perilous leap from classical composer to jazz-inspired electronic music artist and is known to be a stalwart culture jammer and political activist.
- A well-known media activist, trouble maker, and culture jammer, he wants us to reclaim our cerebral commons, and rehabilitate our mental environment.
- His crusade to take on the powers of corporate media as a culture jammer has made him an inspirational figure to many in the anti-globalization movement.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan