- The feeling of disorientation experienced by someone when they are suddenly subjected to an unfamiliar culture, way of life, or set of attitudes: jet lag, culture shock, altitude sickness; we struggle to get to grips with this, our first morning in South America [in singular]: being at home with small babies is an instant culture shock to the young woman of the worldMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The sudden culture shock at being thrown among those with very different work ethics and other attitudes can even be frightening.
- He recalls experiencing his culture shock back in the 1990s during his first visit in the country.
- As you read, please excuse me, for what I experienced was more culture shock than I did so many years ago.
Más definiciones de culture shockDefinición de culture shock en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.