- A system or variety of religious worship.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mohammed is noted to have hated onions and garlic, and as he was purported to revamp the calendar to a lunar one, we remark that in the cultus of vegetation, worship was paid to onions and garlic, because of their shape, as emblems of the Sun.
- But nevertheless, we note that the new cultus was threatening to eliminate the profitable pilgrimages to the pagan shrine.
- Perhaps there is also a reference here to the ‘heave-offering’ of the ancient sacrificial cultus.
mid 19th century: Latin (see cult).
Más definiciones de cultusDefinición de cultus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.