Definición de culvert en inglés:
A tunnel carrying a stream or open drain under a road or railway.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The tanks, roads, culverts and lagoon opening have all suffered through the lack of maintenance.
- Aggravating the problems is a pair of culverts through Provincial Road 205, which have been set at the wrong level.
- These criminal acts will retard progress and push up costs of building the road as the demolished culverts will have to be replaced.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Channel (a stream or drain) through a culvert: we have asked for the river to be culverted (as adjective culverted) a culverted drain
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sprawl and malls are filling in the vacant lots and woodlands where we used to play; rivers and streams are culverted, channelized, and barren; and the coasts, lakesides, and mountains are spotted with trophy homes and locked gates.
- He made his report following a motion that the stream be culverted.
- Or it might have happened later, when the creek was culverted and the woods cut down to make way for subdivisions and shopping malls.
Late 18th century: of unknown origin.
Palabras que riman con culvertadequate • stalwart • desert
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia