Definición de cumbia en inglés:
1A kind of dance music of Colombian origin, similar to salsa: a hot mix of cumbia, salsa, and merengue
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Colombian cumbia and salsa music are popular with young people in urban areas.
- This phrase arose among a group of New York City musicians during the late 1970s and early 1980s to explain some important, however unrecognized, similarities in salsa, cumbia, and jazz ensembles.
- This band mixes all kinds of sounds and genres, including cumbia, hip-hop, salsa, funk, and space-rock.
1.1 [count noun] A dance performed to cumbia.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘I see you are a woman who knows how to dress herself,’ he purred as we danced a tasty cumbia.
- Some compared the quebradita dancing style to the Mexican equivalent of dirty dancing, others as a mixture of lambada, cumbia, salsa, flamenco, tango, and the Texas two-step.
- Originally from Colombia, cumbia has traditionally been a sickly-sweet, anodyne affair for dancing couples.
1940s: from Colombian Spanish, perhaps from Spanish cumbé.
Palabras que riman con cumbiaNubia • rootbeer
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda