Definición de cupola en inglés:
1A rounded dome forming or adorning a roof or ceiling: a square tower crowned by a cupola the gilded cupola was supported by caryatids
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The scaffolding reaches to the top of the cupola that adorns the roof giving the builders a perch almost 100 feet up.
- The large building is built in the traditional style with barrel vaulted ceilings and cupolas.
- It has arcades all around, a pavilion at the eastern end has crenellated roof and a cupola of glass mosaic.
2A gun turret.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Atop the all-welded turret are the commander's cupola (with single hatch cover) on the left and the loader's hatch on the right.
- Firing ports are provided for the crews' personal weapons and a machine-gun mounting is fitted on the left turret cupola with an optional machine-gun.
- As he watched, a hatch motored open on the forward gunner's cupola and a helmeted visage favored him with a toothy, wolfish grin.
3 (also cupola furnace) A cylindrical furnace for refining metals, with openings at the bottom for blowing in air and originally with a dome leading to a chimney above.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It erected the first cupola furnace in the United States in 1835.
- And after John Wilkinson patented the small, slender, metal-clad cupola furnace in 1794, Founders gained greater control of the remelting process.
- In duplexing, the iron is melted in a cupola or electric arc furnace, and the molten metal is transferred to a coreless or channel-type induction furnace for holding and pouring.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- An interesting item here was a large, framed photograph of a huge, cupolaed mansion typical of the early 70's.
- Its cupolaed pavilions and trellised balconies formed a good background for the actors.
- At the highest point in town is the cupolaed state capitol, and directly in front of the state capitol is a statue of George Washington.
Definición de cupola en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda