Definición de currant en inglés:
1A small dried fruit made from a small seedless variety of grape originally grown in the eastern Mediterranean region and much used in cookery: [as modifier]: a currant bun
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The domesticated grapevine provides fresh fruit, dried raisins, sultanas and currants (according to the vine variety), wine, vinegar, grape juice, and a light salad oil obtained by crushing the pips.
- Aim for several small meals with suitable snacks such as mini savoury sandwiches, a currant bun, fruit or vegetables or unsweetened breakfast cereal in between meals to meet your child's nutritional needs.
- The truly delectable dessert is prepared with currants (small seedless raisin) that are grown in Europe, the US and Chile and is said to be rich in vitamin C and minerals.
2A Eurasian shrub which produces small edible black, red, or white berries.
- Genus Ribes, family Grossulariaceae: several species, including blackcurrant and redcurrant
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some currants are host to the White pine blister rust, and should not be planted near white pines.
- Screens made from bamboo and birch branches as well as plantings (golden currant, white abutilon, and New Zealand flax) create privacy.
- Along the walls and raised beds I planted ferns, vine maple, Indian plum, ocean spray, snowberry, currants, and other low-maintenance shrubs.
2.1A berry from a currant shrub.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Peaches, pears, cherries, plums, grapes, currants, and raspberries were also commonly grown.
- The field day will focus on grapes, although growing raspberries, currants, blackberries, plums, cherries, and Asian and European pears also will be discussed.
- Cabbage and carrot are also among the most important vegetable crops, while apples, pears, currants, strawberries and raspberries are the popular fruit crops.
Definición de currant en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia