Definición de currant en inglés:
1A small dried fruit made from a small seedless variety of grape originally grown in the eastern Mediterranean region and much used in cookery: [as modifier]: a currant bun
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The domesticated grapevine provides fresh fruit, dried raisins, sultanas and currants (according to the vine variety), wine, vinegar, grape juice, and a light salad oil obtained by crushing the pips.
- Aim for several small meals with suitable snacks such as mini savoury sandwiches, a currant bun, fruit or vegetables or unsweetened breakfast cereal in between meals to meet your child's nutritional needs.
- The truly delectable dessert is prepared with currants (small seedless raisin) that are grown in Europe, the US and Chile and is said to be rich in vitamin C and minerals.
2A Eurasian shrub which produces small edible black, red, or white berries.
- Genus Ribes, family Grossulariaceae: several species, including blackcurrant and redcurrant
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some currants are host to the White pine blister rust, and should not be planted near white pines.
- Screens made from bamboo and birch branches as well as plantings (golden currant, white abutilon, and New Zealand flax) create privacy.
- Along the walls and raised beds I planted ferns, vine maple, Indian plum, ocean spray, snowberry, currants, and other low-maintenance shrubs.
2.1A berry from a currant shrub.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Peaches, pears, cherries, plums, grapes, currants, and raspberries were also commonly grown.
- The field day will focus on grapes, although growing raspberries, currants, blackberries, plums, cherries, and Asian and European pears also will be discussed.
- Cabbage and carrot are also among the most important vegetable crops, while apples, pears, currants, strawberries and raspberries are the popular fruit crops.
Palabras que riman con currantblackcurrant, concurrent, current, occurrent, redcurrant
Definición de currant en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda