Definición de curtain wall en inglés:
1A fortified wall around a medieval castle, typically one linking towers together.
- The DeBohun family held the castle for over two centuries and enlarged it with a curtain wall, towers and an impressive entranceway, influenced by the design of fortifications in the Holy Land.
- The curtain wall nearest to the castle would have been the highest to give the defenders the maximum height advantage over those attempting to take over the castle.
- Will stepped beside her and admired the castle's curtain wall and towers with pretty flags atop them.
1.1A wall which encloses the space within a building but does not support the roof.
- The new building is an abstraction of its arboreal neighbours, a seven-storey block encased on the street side by a linear screen of timber mullions that support a glass curtain wall.
- The firm has now published a comprehensive guide to its curtain wall and roof glazing systems, a guide developed to help architects incorporate the latest innovations in steel glazing technology into their designs.
- Near the pointed corner, an external pylon bears steel beams that pierce the curtain wall to support the staircase landings inside.
Definición de curtain wall en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan