Definición de curtain wall en inglés:
1A fortified wall around a medieval castle, typically one linking towers together.
- The DeBohun family held the castle for over two centuries and enlarged it with a curtain wall, towers and an impressive entranceway, influenced by the design of fortifications in the Holy Land.
- The curtain wall nearest to the castle would have been the highest to give the defenders the maximum height advantage over those attempting to take over the castle.
- Will stepped beside her and admired the castle's curtain wall and towers with pretty flags atop them.
1.1A wall which encloses the space within a building but does not support the roof.
- The new building is an abstraction of its arboreal neighbours, a seven-storey block encased on the street side by a linear screen of timber mullions that support a glass curtain wall.
- The firm has now published a comprehensive guide to its curtain wall and roof glazing systems, a guide developed to help architects incorporate the latest innovations in steel glazing technology into their designs.
- Near the pointed corner, an external pylon bears steel beams that pierce the curtain wall to support the staircase landings inside.
Definición de curtain wall en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary