Definición de cushion en inglés:
- Some play stuff for the children, travel pillows, cushions and soft pillows best suited for babies are added attractions.
- I leaned into the soft cushions of the ratty old furniture as the phone rang.
- But over the last year or so, she has also taken to making her own soft furnishings - cushions, curtains and covers - using top-quality materials.
- This is where the cushion of payment protection was supposed to break Mr Moore's fall.
- Companies with high net profit margins have a bigger cushion to protect themselves during the hard times.
- What a practical economist would say is that you need a cushion to protect people.
- But the new player, having to cut the black back to a blind corner pocket with the cue-ball close to the side cushion, over-cut it and left his player a simple chance.
- It's now time for the lag, and his ball is glued to the cushion as my ball stops embarrassingly at mid-table.
- Each shot must always hit the lowest numbered ball on the table first and then pocket a ball or make two balls reach a cushion.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- My bike landed between two rocks, which acted like shock absorbers and cushioned the impact.
- Instead, the impact was cushioned by a sort of air bag of small plates in what is now the Caribbean Sea.
- The museum staff had placed sandbags and foam rubber around those heavy stone sculptures to cushion the impact if they fell.
- He said the suspension would also give time to the 33-man committee set up by the Nigerian government on Monday to find ways of cushioning the adverse effects of the price increases on Nigerians.
- Social policy is a tool that in principle can be used by governments to cushion the adverse effects of external liberalization.
- While oversupply of goods produced by the stronger economy is possible, that economy's strengths generally cushion it better from adversity.
You can tell that the Romans knew a thing or two about reclining in comfort when you discover that they had separate words for a hip cushion (coxinum) and an elbow cushion (cubital). The former word, from Latin coxa ‘hip or thigh’, gave rise to Old French cuissin, from which we get cushion.
- cushioned seatsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The interiors have soft colours, stone and cement walls, wooden cushioned seats and sofas in the A / C room.
- Sitting back, Rose relaxed at the comfort of the cushioned seat and closed her eyes for a brief moment.
- Above these back wheels was a simple cotton cloth cushioned seat, and a canvas canopy that covered the heads of the passengers was supported by painted metal poles.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The fiber pads are firm, and most consumers prefer the soft cushiony feel of bonded polyurethane pads that are made from recycled carpet pads and post-industrial scrap from furniture manufacturers.
- The marble floor was replaced with the same material that was in the sparring dome, a soft, cushiony, smooth material that wouldn't hurt when you fell on it.
- The cushiony soft pillow was a very welcome change.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.