- A small shallow-water starfish with a broad body and very short blunt arms. Also called starlet.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Asterina and related genera, class Asteroidea, in particular A. gibbosa of the NE Atlantic
- Anemones, bubble corals, soft tree corals, sea cucumbers and cushion stars harboured tiny shrimps and crabs, while seahorses lurked among algae.
- Among the starfish we found the familiar sun stars and cushion stars encountered in Scottish waters as well as purple sun stars.
- To help protect itself from fish and other predators, the cushion star releases huge amounts of mucus.