- A spittoon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Four brass cuspidors were positioned at the base of each beam, and at a safe distance from the breaking end of the table was a wood stove that glowed red hot at times in the winter.
- Therefore, litterbugs and those accustomed to spitting on the pavement no longer dare to give free rein to their impulses or else they'd better take along with them a waste-paper basket or a cuspidor whenever they opt for a stroll.
- Before leaving the ward he picked up the cuspidor from a cabinet at the head of the bed, opened the lid and observed frothy white spittle that lacked any distinctive odor.
mid 18th century: from Portuguese, 'spitter', from cuspir 'to spit', from Latin conspuere.
Más definiciones de cuspidorDefinición de cuspidor en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.