- 1The protective care or guardianship of someone or something: the property was placed in the custody of a trusteeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Some of the culture clash between care and custody can be dealt with.
- The pair will be disqualified from having custody or care of farm animals for five years.
- On the same day, the society's motion for temporary care and custody was dismissed.
- 1.1 Law Parental responsibility, especially as allocated to one of two divorcing parents: he was trying to get custody of their childMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In a divorce, fathers control custody of sons over the age of two and daughters over the age of seven.
- Both the applicant and the respondent were seeking sole custody of the children.
- In Burns, the mother had full custody of two children and the parents shared custody of a third child.
- 2Imprisonment: my father was being taken into custodyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She was handcuffed and taken into custody, and then taken for medical treatment.
- All 19 men were taken into custody and transferred to a detention centre in Fallujah.
- Most were taken into custody during the international armed conflict in Afghanistan.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In mitigation, John Topham said his client had no previous convictions and a custodial sentence was unnecessary.
- He said that although the case was on the borderline of a custodial sentence, the magistrates imposed 12 weeks.
- He also worked on a centralised custodial facility for Cheshire Police and a hospital in Manchester.
late Middle English: from Latin custodia, from custos 'guardian'.