- A method of building a tunnel by making a cutting which is then lined and covered over: [as modifier]: a cut-and-cover tunnelMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The line that runs beneath 41st Street was constructed later using cut-and-cover as well as tunneling techniques.
- The architects of later pyramids ensured that there was adequate access to underground chambers by using cut-and-cover techniques rather than tunnelling.
- The cut-and-cover lines are so much more pleasant than the deep-down tracks.
Más definiciones de cut-and-coverDefinición de cut-and-cover en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.