- 1A portion of meat, usually served grilled or fried and often covered in breadcrumbs: a pork cutletMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A main course is traditionally composed of boiled potatoes, boiled vegetables such as green beans and cauliflower, and fried meat such as meat balls, cutlets, or roast pork served with brown gravy.
- If you only eat tempura and fried pork cutlet, that can be bad.
- My favourite luxury dish would be a pork cutlet with olives, dates and fennel that I serve in my restaurant.
- 1.1British A lamb or veal chop from just behind the neck: lamb cutletsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I now realise that I should have chosen one of the four steaks, the lamb cutlets or the veal T-bone.
- If you're looking to get a little fancier, try the pork chop or the lamb cutlets.
- Allow 2 to 3 lamb cutlets per person; season with a little pepper.
- 1.2A flat croquette of minced meat, nuts, or pulses, typically covered in breadcrumbs and shaped like a veal chop: nut cutletsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Leftovers from roast dinners could be used up, cold with relishes or made into pies or minced into cutlets and meatballs.
- Non-veg varieties like kebabs, tikkas, chops and meat-filled cutlets have a huge fan following.
- On a more negative note, Russian cuisine leaves a lot to be desired - cabbage soup, carrot cutlets, disgusting desserts etc.
early 18th century: from French côtelette, earlier costelette, diminutive of coste 'rib', from Latin costa.
Más definiciones de cutletDefinición de cutlet en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.