Definición de cutlet en inglés:
- A main course is traditionally composed of boiled potatoes, boiled vegetables such as green beans and cauliflower, and fried meat such as meat balls, cutlets, or roast pork served with brown gravy.
- If you only eat tempura and fried pork cutlet, that can be bad.
- My favourite luxury dish would be a pork cutlet with olives, dates and fennel that I serve in my restaurant.
- I now realise that I should have chosen one of the four steaks, the lamb cutlets or the veal T-bone.
- If you're looking to get a little fancier, try the pork chop or the lamb cutlets.
- Allow 2 to 3 lamb cutlets per person; season with a little pepper.
- Leftovers from roast dinners could be used up, cold with relishes or made into pies or minced into cutlets and meatballs.
- Non-veg varieties like kebabs, tikkas, chops and meat-filled cutlets have a huge fan following.
- On a more negative note, Russian cuisine leaves a lot to be desired - cabbage soup, carrot cutlets, disgusting desserts etc.
Early 18th century: from French côtelette, earlier costelette, diminutive of coste 'rib', from Latin costa.
coast from Middle English:
The Latin word costa meant ‘rib or side’, which is why coast meant ‘rib’ and ‘the side of the body’ from Anglo-Saxon days right up until the start of the 19th century. The sense is still found in French côte de porc (where the ^ stands for a lost ‘s’) for ‘pork chop’ referring to the rib bone, and in the word cutlet (early 18th century) ‘a little côte’. The phrase coast of the sea—meaning ‘side of the sea’—gave rise to the modern use, ‘the part of the land adjoining the sea’. The verb originally meant ‘to move along the edge of something’ and ‘to sail along the coast’. The coast is clear originally signalled that there were no enemies or coastguards guarding a sea coast who would prevent an attempt to land or embark by sailors or smugglers.
Palabras que riman con cutletcouplet • frontlet • violet
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.