- A pickpocket or thief.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Pleas of the crown should also be heard at these sessions, before bailiffs and coroners, except for cases of cutpurses and thieves caught redhanded or arrested upon complaint of a visiting outsider (as in the time of fair or market).
- Not even the moon shone on the black, starless night and the woman picked her way carefully across the city, keeping a wary eye out for cutpurses and nocturnal pickpockets.
- There, training of every sort took place, from that of the humble cutpurse, to specialist thieves who employed magic to enhance their talents at burglary.
late Middle English: with reference to stealing by cutting purses suspended from a waistband.
Más definiciones de cutpurseDefinición de cutpurse en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.