sustantivo (plural igual or cuttlefishes)
- A swimming marine mollusc that resembles a broad-bodied squid, having eight arms and two long tentacles that are used for grabbing prey. Its internal skeleton is the familiar cuttlebone, which it uses for adjusting buoyancy.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Order Sepioidea, class Cephalopoda: Sepia and other genera
- Nautilus shells are often used decoratively, and the internal shell of a cuttlefish, or cuttle bone, is sold in the pet trade as a calcium source for birds.
- The whale's prey includes squid, cuttlefish, herring, and sea stars, or starfish.
- Ammonoids are descendants of the extinct, primitive coiled nautiloids and they are extinct relatives of modern squid, octopus, cuttlefish, and nautilus.
Más definiciones de cuttlefishDefinición de cuttlefish en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.