Definición de cyanosis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
A bluish discoloration of the skin due to poor circulation or inadequate oxygenation of the blood.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The skin and mucous membranes should be inspected for cyanosis, pallor, ecchymoses, telangiectasia, gingivitis, or evidence of bleeding from the oral or nasal mucosa.
- Infants with coxsackie myocarditis have trouble breathing and sometimes develop cyanosis, a bluish color of the skin, lips, and nails caused by too little oxygen in the blood.
- There was no clubbing, cyanosis, edema, arthritis, lymphadenopathy, or rash.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In children, clubbing usually occurs with cystic fibrosis or uncorrected cyanotic congenital heart disease.
- People with congenital diseases of the heart or lungs, such as cyanotic congenital heart disease, are at high risk of infections which can then spread to the brain.
- The listing of aortic atresia as cyanotic is arguable, according to my pediatric cardiology associates; I have never chosen to include it as such in my annual lectures to medical students, but perhaps I should reconsider.
Mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek kuanōsis 'blueness', from kuaneos 'dark blue'.
Definición de cyanosis en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda