Definición de cybersquatting en inglés:
The practice of registering names, especially well-known company or brand names, as Internet domains, in the hope of reselling them at a profit.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- While issues such as domain name ownership and cybersquatting (taking control of a website address you have no right to) were clearly red hot at the height of the internet boom, they remain of considerable importance today.
- While cybersquatting on brand names has been outlawed and such companies are allowed to put claim to the relevant URL, it is still lawful for anyone to register a site under someone's name.
- Although the law now protects companies' trademark when it comes to cybersquatting, registering people's name is still a grey area.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Pharmaceutical companies in particular are concerned about protecting the names of drugs so they can't be used as domain names by cybersquatters.
- This is very unusual - two large companies spitting over a URL, as opposed to one large company bullying a Web address from a smaller business, or wrenching a domain name from a cybersquatter.
- You've got to feel sorry for the once-proud cybersquatters who bought up huge numbers of domain names hoping to sell them off for a small fortune.
Definición de cybersquatting en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda