sustantivo (plural igual or cyclamens)
- 1A European plant of the primrose family, having pink, red, or white flowers with backward-curving petals and grown as a winter-flowering pot plant.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Cyclamen, family Primulaceae: several species
- Some of my favorite windowsill plants include many varieties of trailing ivy, African violets, primroses, pansies and violets, geraniums, gloxinias, cyclamens, coleus, kalonchoes, peperomias, and heartleaf philodendrons.
- Their soil must contain sufficient humus and be rich in calcium, but the idea that cyclamens need a lot of moisture is a misconception.
- Very early spring is one of the best times to visit the garden - not only are the snowdrops and cyclamen flowering, but the foliage of certain conifers is more golden than at other times of year.
- 1.1 [mass noun] A pinkish-purple colour.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The jersey reserved to the points classification leader was first red, and changed to cyclamen in 1970.
- The beauty of them hanging and casting a mystic light filtered through pink, vermillion, yellow or cyclamen into the dark night is breath-taking.
modern Latin, from Latin cyclaminos, from Greek kuklaminos, perhaps from kuklos 'circle', with reference to its bulbous roots.
Más definiciones de cyclamenDefinición de cyclamen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.