Definición de cycloid en inglés:
A curve (resembling a series of arches) traced by a point on a circle being rolled along a straight line.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Neile's parabola was the first algebraic curve to have its arc length calculated; only the arc lengths of transcendental curves such as the cycloid and the logarithmic spiral had been calculated before this.
- Many famous mathematicians, including Descartes, have worked on a class of curves called cycloids.
- He defines evolutes and involutes of curves and, after giving some elementary properties, finds the evolutes of the cycloid and of the parabola.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Desargues proposed cycloidal teeth for gear wheels in the 1630's.
- Huygens believed that a pendulum swinging in a large are would be more useful at sea and he invented the cycloidal pendulum with this in mind.
- He also worked on cycloidal pendulums, the laws of resistance in a fluid and differential geometry.
Mid 17th century: from Greek kukloeidēs 'circular', from kuklos 'circle'.
Definición de cycloid en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda