Definición de cymbal en inglés:
- The angels are depicted as playing a collection of musical instruments, including the harp, tambourine, cymbals, lyre and psaltery.
- We had a very satisfying jam, with bass guitar, theremin and a drum kit minus sticks and cymbals.
- He created original sounds from his cymbals and skins using sticks, brushes, and even his hands.
The shape of a cymbal is central to its name: it comes via Latin cymbalum from Greek kumbalon, from kumbē ‘cup’. Chime (Middle English) was first recorded as meaning ‘cymbal’ as a noun, and ‘ring out’ as a verb. It is probably the Old English form, cimbal (which would have been pronounced with a ‘ch’ sound, the modern ‘s’ sound coming from French) later interpreted as chime bell.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I think that with a little practice, I can be every bit the cymbalist she was, maybe even better.
- Two or more cymbalists clash brass cymbals together to provide the treble notes of the music.
- The cymbalist uses the palm of his hand to stop the strings from ringing at the end of the musical phrase.
Definición de cymbal en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.