A musical instrument consisting of a slightly concave round brass plate which is either struck against another one or struck with a stick to make a ringing or clashing sound.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The angels are depicted as playing a collection of musical instruments, including the harp, tambourine, cymbals, lyre and psaltery.
- We had a very satisfying jam, with bass guitar, theremin and a drum kit minus sticks and cymbals.
- He created original sounds from his cymbals and skins using sticks, brushes, and even his hands.
Old English, from Latin cymbalum, from Greek kumbalon, from kumbē 'cup'; readopted in Middle English from Old French cymbale.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I think that with a little practice, I can be every bit the cymbalist she was, maybe even better.
- Two or more cymbalists clash brass cymbals together to provide the treble notes of the music.
- The cymbalist uses the palm of his hand to stop the strings from ringing at the end of the musical phrase.
Definición de cymbal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.