A flower cluster with a central stem bearing a single terminal flower that develops first, the other flowers in the cluster developing as terminal buds of lateral stems. Compare with raceme.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The flat, star-shaped flowers are 1-cm across, range in color from maroon in the sun to pale beige in the shade, and are displayed in loose cymes in the leaf axils.
- This pattern is most clearly observed in shoots with five to seven cymes, while in shoots with two to four cymes male flowers are also frequently produced in basal positions.
- Leaves of C. orbiculatus are broader, and the flowers are borne in axillary cymes.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The buckwheat inflorescence is a compound raceme that produces laterally flowered cymose clusters, the number of which was affected by the position of the inflorescence along the main stem.
- Inflorescences are terminal or axillary, and are usually cymose, but less often racemose, capitate, clustered or spicate; the flowers are seldom solitary.
- The terminal and erect cymose inflorescence bears actinomorphic, hexamerous, dish-shaped flowers.
Early 18th century (denoting the unopened head of a plant): from French, literally 'summit', from a popular variant of Latin cyma.
Definición de cyme en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda