sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A sulphur-containing amino acid which occurs in keratins and other proteins, often in the form of cystine, and is a constituent of many enzymes.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chemical formula: HSCH2CH(NH2)COOH
- Whey proteins are also rich in the sulfur-containing amino acids cysteine and methionine.
- The gelatinase activity was due to metalloproteinases and not cysteine or serine proteinases.
- The integration of reduced sulphur into the amino acid cysteine is a central step in the assimilation of inorganic sulphur.
Más definiciones de cysteineDefinición de cysteine en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.