sustantivo (plural cysticerci /-sʌɪ/)Zoology
A larval tapeworm at a stage in which the scolex is inverted in a sac, typically found encysted in the muscle tissue of the host.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The classic intestinal infection with Taenia solium results when humans ingest pork with viable cysticerci that exocyst in the small intestine.
- Pharmacological treatment is now widely accessible and effective even in cases of giant cysticerci or ventricular cysts, which used to be the exclusive domain of neurosurgery.
- Once inside the stomach, the tapeworm egg hatches, penetrates the intestine, travels through the bloodstream and may develop into cysticerci in the muscles, brain, or eyes.
cysticercoid adjetivo& sustantivo
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The digested mites release cysticercoids where they attach to the ileocecal junction in the horse.
- The tapeworm eggs are ingested by flea larvae, where development reaches the larval cysticercoid stage.
- After hatching, they invade into the body cavity and become cysticercoid larvae, which are infectious for humans.
Definición de cysticercus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.