sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
- Any of a number of compounds consisting of haem bonded to a protein. Cytochromes function as electron transfer agents in many metabolic pathways, especially cellular respiration.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The majority of iron in humans is located in the porphyrin ring of heme that is incorporated into proteins and enzymes such as myoglobin, hemoglobin, cytochromes, catalases, and peroxidases.
- Hemoglobin, myoglobin, cytochromes, and other proteins are involved in oxygen transport and utilization.
- Iron is used in actively proliferating cells for cytochrome and DNA synthesis.
Más definiciones de cytochromeDefinición de cytochrome en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.