sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The dissolution or disruption of cells, especially by an external agent.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Eosinophils in vitro exhibited different stages of apoptosis, ending with secondary necrosis distinct from in vivo eosinophil cytolysis.
- The background showed mild cytolysis with only occasional monotonous round cells that showed hyperchromatic nuclei with a delicate chromatin pattern and foamy cytoplasm.
- Because NAC has a direct antioxidant action in lymphocytes, concern has been expressed that NAC supplementation would inhibit the natural mechanism of cytolysis by neutrophils.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As it has been found that this compound is cytolytic to human cells in vitro, the authors investigated whether it exerts the same effect on plant cells.
- Host cells are rapidly killed by cytolytic enzymes or toxins.
- Cells semipermissive to viral replication, such as neurons for herpes simplex virus, allow little viral gene expression thus enabling the development of latent infection even with cytolytic viruses.
Definición de cytolysis en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda