Used to express anger or frustration: Stop, Ruth, dammit. I said stop it, right now
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Trains aren't supposed to get that close to waves, dammit!
- First she was Miss Universe, now she's a travel show host… they're my dream jobs, dammit!
- We told them that we did not want them to fix it - we want a brand new washer that works the first time we use it, dammit!
as near as dammit (or damn it)
- informal As close to being accurate as makes no difference: it may not be a perfect match, but it’s as near as dammitMás ejemplos en oraciones
virtually, effectively, in effect, all but, more or less, practically, almost, nearly, close to, approaching, not far from, nearing, verging on, bordering on, well nigh, nigh on, just about, as good as, essentially, in essence, in practical terms, for all practical purposes, to all intents and purposes, in all but name;roughly, approximately, not quite;South African plus-minusinformal pretty much, pretty nearly, pretty well
- Im still working every hour God sends or as near as dammit, quite frankly I'm fed up of it.
- To Aachen in Germany - or as near as dammit - where yet another award for the Sunday Herald awaited collection, viz European Newspaper of the Year.
- On account of not working in the city on Friday, Wednesday night effectively became my Thursday, which was as near as dammit to the end of the week - so when an invitation for drinkies was put out, I graciously accepted.
Mid 19th century: alteration of damn it.
Palabras que riman con dammitHammett, Mamet
Definición de dammit en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda