Definición de dammit en inglés:
Used to express anger or frustration: Stop, Ruth, dammit. I said stop it, right now
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Trains aren't supposed to get that close to waves, dammit!
- First she was Miss Universe, now she's a travel show host… they're my dream jobs, dammit!
- We told them that we did not want them to fix it - we want a brand new washer that works the first time we use it, dammit!
mid 19th century: alteration of damn it.
as near as dammit
- As close to being accurate as makes no difference: it may not be a perfect match, but it’s as near as dammitMás ejemplos en oraciones
virtually, effectively, in effect, all but, more or less, practically, almost, nearly, close to, approaching, not far from, nearing, verging on, bordering on, well nigh, nigh on, just about, as good as, essentially, in essence, in practical terms, for all practical purposes, to all intents and purposes, in all but name;South African plus-minusinformal pretty much, pretty nearly, pretty well
- Im still working every hour God sends or as near as dammit, quite frankly I'm fed up of it.
- To Aachen in Germany - or as near as dammit - where yet another award for the Sunday Herald awaited collection, viz European Newspaper of the Year.
- On account of not working in the city on Friday, Wednesday night effectively became my Thursday, which was as near as dammit to the end of the week - so when an invitation for drinkies was put out, I graciously accepted.
Definición de dammit en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan