- 1 • technical A reduction in the amplitude of an oscillation as a result of energy being drained from the system to overcome frictional or other resistive forces.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Properties such as elasticity, viscosity, damping, inertia, friction and contact characteristics and other forces were assigned to discrete rigid-body elements.
- It has an adaptive suspension with different settings, based on a system of independently controlled damping at all four corners of the car.
- The attenuation of ground motions is due to the geometrical spreading of seismic waves and the loss of their energy that results from material damping or absorption of energy by the Earth's crust and mantle.
- 1.1A mechanism for bringing about damping.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The angle between backrest and seat is adjustable through a wide range and a damping mechanism ensures smooth adjustment.
- The so-called Brake Pedal Unit contains the hydraulic fluid reservoir, pedal damping and hydrostatic fail-safe unit.
- The overall dimensions, damping system, bread carriage and marking fall under the tests for performance.
- 1.2A method of bringing about a reduction in oscillatory peaks in an electric current or voltage using an energy-absorbing or resistance circuit: menu-driven operation for the setting of other parameters such as meter dampingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Tuned damping, on the other hand, provides much higher levels of damping at selectively tuned frequencies.
- Plasmon waveguides can suffer losses caused by both radiation into the far field and internal damping.
- 2 (damping off) The death of young seedlings as a result of a fungal infection encouraged by damp conditions.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The disease is caused by fungi of the genera Pythium (subdivision Mastigomycotina) or Fusarium (subdivision Deuteromycotina)
- Symptoms associated with Phytophthora sojae infections include seed rots, pre- and post-emergence damping off of seedlings and stem rot of plants at various growth stages.
- When seedlings suddenly bend at the soil line, it's often the work of a fungal disease called damping off.
- Seedling diseases including damping off and seed rot are the most common soybean disease problems in Nebraska.