- A medieval allegorical representation in which a personified Death leads all types of people to the grave, intended to emphasize the equality of all before death.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The medieval dance of death operated as total allegory.
- The images of the dance of death with its skulls and scythes and sinners haunted her vision - or perhaps her dreams, for when she closed her eyes, she saw them.
- They violate the supposedly sacrosanct boundary between the living and the dead, bringing us back to the medieval fascination with memento mort, the dance of death and the cult of the reliquary.
Más definiciones de dance of deathDefinición de dance of death en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.