Definición de dandelion en inglés:
- Genus Taraxacum, family Compositae: several species, in particular T. officinale, which has edible leaves
- The people in charge of arranging such operations know full well that dandelions come into flower at much the same time as our daffodils and then take over as the daffodils fade away.
- True to Chris's intentions, the two acre garden is fresh with scent and the colours of cowslips and foxgloves, daffodils and dandelions.
- Tough, old dandelions and some other weeds at times require two treatments.
The toothed leaves of the dandelion explain the origin of its name. French dent-de-lion means ‘lion's tooth’. The name came into English in the late Middle Ages. The usual term for the flower in French is now pissenlit, which has a parallel in English pissabed (mid 16th century), another name for the dandelion. The plant was formerly well known for its diuretic properties.
Definición de dandelion en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.