- 1(Of a man) showing excessive concern about his clothes or appearance: a dandified liberal senatorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To complete the dandified gentleman look: a camel suit, driving gloves and pony-skin loafers.
- Brooks was clearly amused by her friend's dandified appearance, bone-thin in foppish drag, complete with masculine-cut jacket, high collar, monocle, bobbed hair and imperiously arched eyebrows.
- Gangs of youths sauntered along, yelling randomly at other pedestrians and dressed in peculiarly dandified clothes contrasting with a partiality for working-man's boots.
- 1.1Self-consciously sophisticated or elaborate: he writes a dandified proseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One imagines Dumas's young men about town affecting the same dandified, Anglophile pose.
- They regarded cigarettes as effete, dandified, even faintly foreign.
- Whether performing on stage or off, Astaire, like Marshall / Monescu and other dandified leading men, created an aesthetic of performance and fastidious elegance.
Más definiciones de dandifiedDefinición de dandified en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.