Of or reminiscent of the poetry of Dante, especially in invoking his vision of hell in The Divine Comedy: he described a Dantean scene when two 30 ft monsters fought to the death
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To my knowledge, Grimus is the first and last work by Rushdie to consider Dantean transcendence as the goal of the descent to hell.
- In Farewell China, the migration process is depicted as a Dantean descent into Hell, and the journey is so harrowing that Law's message is somewhat lost.
- Like Eliot, she draws on Dantean imagery to suggest the netherworld.
An admirer or student of Dante or his writing.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I did not ‘endorse’ Gombrowicz, I said that his essay on the Inferno would anger Danteans and was worth reading along with Beckett's ‘Dante and the Lobster’.
- Its funny how many Danteans still do not get beyond the Inferno.
- There is a great school of modern Danteans, not only critical but imaginative writers - G. K. Chesterton, T. S. Eliot, C. S. Lewis, Dorothy Sayers, and Charles Williams - who have helped us recover not only Dante's vision of God, but this existential realism.
Palabras que riman con DanteanAtlantean, Kantian
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: Dan|te¦an
Definición de Dantean en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda