Definición de darter en inglés:
1A long-necked fish-eating bird related to the cormorants, typically found in fresh water, where they frequently swim submerged to the neck. Also called anhinga, snakebird.
- Family Anhingidae and genus Anhinga: four species
- More than 200 species of birds are also found here, including the rare Storm's stork and the oriental darter, kingfishers and raptors such as the crested serpent eagle.
- The lake itself covers over 650 hectares, more than half the total size of the national park it is located in, and is home to egrets, darters, hornbills and kites, as well as some of the most unique fishing in the world.
- The evolutionary relationships of anhingas and darters remain unclear.
2A small fast-moving North American freshwater fish.
- In addition to whitefish bull trout will feed on sculpins, darters or other trout and where applicable, salmon fry.
- Snorkelers observed only one benthic fish, a darter (Ethostoma or Percina spp.), in a smallmouth bass nest in Lake Opeongo.
- Too much sedimentation can affect the habitat of darters and associated fish species by making urban streams and lakes unsuitable for feeding and reproduction.
3 (also darter dragonfly) A broad-bodied dragonfly that typically darts out from a perch to grab prey.
- The bird survey counted wood lark, nightjar, cross bill and long-eared owl, while the dragonfly study spotted the previously unrecorded black darter, hairy dragonfly and the emperor dragonfly.
Definición de darter en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan