- 1A surprise visit at dawn, especially by police searching for criminals or illicit goods: armed police carried out a dawn raid five men have been arrested in a dawn raid on a caravan siteMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He was eventually arrested on November 15 when police mounted a dawn raid on a house different from the one he was using in September.
- The man from Gloucester was today still being questioned - as is a 33-year-old man held after a dawn raid by anti-terrorism police in Birmingham.
- One of the suspects was arrested in a dawn raid on Alexandra township, as police followed up on leads.
- 1.1 Stock Exchange , British An attempt to acquire a substantial portion of a company’s shares at the start of a day’s trading, typically as a preliminary to a takeover bid: the dawn raid on BAA sharesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Business Software Alliance and Trading Standards launched a dawn raid on a software pirate last week and came up trumps.
- An attempted dawn raid on BAA shares left the Spaniards short of the 14-15% they tried to buy.
- A week ago, SMG made a dawn raid on SRH's shares, in a signal that it was ready to launch a takeover at the first opportunity.