Definición de day job en inglés:
A person’s regular job and main source of income, typically as contrasted with a more enjoyable occupation or hobby: he funds his films with money earned from his day job as a manager
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Things have moved on rapidly since she gave up her day job as a teacher to pursue the business.
- All very well, but I'd rather save the excitement and effort for the day job.
- All this cartooning would really be a lot easier to do if I didn't have this crazy day job.
- don't give up the (or your) day job
- informal Used as a humorous way of recommending someone not to pursue something at which they are unlikely to be successful.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Here's a tip to the doorman: don't give up the day job!
- This singer should heed the old maxim and not quit her day job.
- The supermodel-turned-actress is adequate as eye candy but shouldn't give up the day job just yet.
Definición de day job en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda