- 1An end of a road or passage from which no exit is possible: the path came to a dead endMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The road, having become steadily narrower, came to a dead-end right by the visitor's centre at the Gibraltar Point nature reserve.
- The road came to a dead end, and I stopped inches from the trunk of a tree, tires on the edge of the curb.
- We went back to our bikes and rode on down the road to investigate further, but came to a dead end at a factory.
- 1.1A road or passage from which no exit is possible: Not that way! It’s a dead end!Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I drove down the road to an empty dead-end street with brush and overgrowth all over the place, not a building in sight.
- Holly went to drop her bags off at her house, which was all the way at the end of our dead-end street, and I went up to my room.
- Most Thorndon side roads are dead ends, narrower than varicose veins and have a topography that even a goat would baulk at.
- 1.2A situation offering no prospects of progress or development: their relationship had reached a dead end [as modifier]: a dead-end streetMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This longing usually takes over when they feel constrained or trapped in a situation such as a dead-end job, an unhappy marriage, or have settled into a routine that hints of boredom.
- Desperation is the key factor; each character wants to break out of their dead-end situation, but in the end they always opt to hold on.
- Slacker Jeff (played with an enviable edge by Chris Fassbender) is slowly going mad in a dead-end job and can't be bothered to attend more than one class at a local community college.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- (dead-end) North American (Of a road or passage) come to a dead end: he kept walking, until the corridor dead-endedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But of course there was a family errand, one whose reality greeted us the instant the country road dead-ended into the highway running south.
- Thankfully, the misguided side road dead-ends here.
- Since it was Veterans Day, there was also a parade down Congress Avenue, over the so-called Town River (the Colorado) and on to the Capitol, where the street dead-ended.
Más definiciones de dead endDefinición de dead end en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.