Definición de deafferentation en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The interruption or destruction of the afferent connections of nerve cells, performed especially in animal experiments to demonstrate the spontaneity of locomotor movement.
- On the other hand, in REM sleep, the respiratory variability persists even after deafferentation, suggesting that central REM processes underlie the variability.
- It is believed that lateral ankle ligament injury results in not only mechanical instability but also ligamentous deafferentation, contributing to instability.
- Despite extensive chest wall deafferentation, the intensity and quality of dyspnea are not altered in patients with spinal cord injury in whom work of breathing is increased by bronchoconstriclion.
- Example sentences
- Lurie has received an award of $20,000 as an administrative supplement to conduct research regarding PTP1C increases in the deafferented auditory brainstem.
- A deafferented pupil constricts consensually, but not to direct light, paradoxically enlarging when the light is quickly brought from the unaffected side (Marcus Gunn pupil).
- Next he restrained the monkeys' healthy forelimbs, compelling them to reuse the deafferented limbs, which they otherwise avoided doing.
Definición de deafferentation en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan