sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- The interruption or destruction of the afferent connections of nerve cells, performed especially in animal experiments to demonstrate the spontaneity of locomotor movement.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the other hand, in REM sleep, the respiratory variability persists even after deafferentation, suggesting that central REM processes underlie the variability.
- It is believed that lateral ankle ligament injury results in not only mechanical instability but also ligamentous deafferentation, contributing to instability.
- Despite extensive chest wall deafferentation, the intensity and quality of dyspnea are not altered in patients with spinal cord injury in whom work of breathing is increased by bronchoconstriclion.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lurie has received an award of $20,000 as an administrative supplement to conduct research regarding PTP1C increases in the deafferented auditory brainstem.
- A deafferented pupil constricts consensually, but not to direct light, paradoxically enlarging when the light is quickly brought from the unaffected side (Marcus Gunn pupil).
- Next he restrained the monkeys' healthy forelimbs, compelling them to reuse the deafferented limbs, which they otherwise avoided doing.
Más definiciones de deafferentationDefinición de deafferentation en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.