1A scarcity or lack of something: there is a dearth of evidence
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This lack of public support is responsible for a dearth of overt fearless principle in the public service.
- These failures can be partially attributed to a lack of political will and a dearth of resources.
- This season there has been a dearth of good supernatural television, and hopefully this will fit the bill.
lack, scarcity, scarceness, shortage, shortfall, want, deficiency, insufficiency, inadequacy, paucity, sparseness, meagreness, scantiness, rareness, infrequency, uncommonness, destitution, privation;
famine, drought, poverty;
rare exiguity, exiguousness
1.1 archaic A situation where food is in short supply.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Dearth was of such obvious advantage to the usurers that it was commonly believed that they used sorcery to prevent rain from falling.
- But here in Scotland, in the regularly recurring famine years of the 17th and 18th centuries, when harvests failed, dearth and death prevailed.
- They believed the end of the world was at hand, and the proliferation of plagues, epidemics, disasters, dearth, famine and wars was to be seen as the mark of the imminent Dissolution.
Palabras que riman con dearthberth, birth, earth, firth, girth, mirth, Perth, worth
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda