- 1A period of ten years: he taught at the university for nearly a decadeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This volume of published material represents work carried out over a period spanning nearly three decades.
- The last serving member from the Battle of Long Tan is retiring from service this month after nearly four decades of military service.
- The council decided on a plan of action at its first extraordinary meeting and emergency debate for nearly a decade last month.
- 1.1A period of ten years beginning with a year ending in 0: the fourth decade of the nineteenth centuryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The urge to change the world that gnaws at normal people in their late teens and early 20's was taking shape in me around the beginning of my fourth decade.
- But this is really just to frame the fact that today's the day; the ending of the past decade and the beginning of the next.
- Ironically, it was actually an album released at the beginning of the next decade, which perhaps best symbolises this period of change.
- 2Each of the five divisions of each chapter of the rosary: a local priest led the mourners in a decade of the rosaryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For me this has ranged from two Hail Mary prayers right up to five decades of the rosary (which takes me about fifteen to twenty minutes).
- Neighbours and friends who visited Pamela's home yesterday recited prayers and a decade of the rosary in a bid to quieten the restless spirit.
- Then maybe a small group would join hands in a circle in prayer and somebody would begin a decade of the rosary.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Like the 3 mainstream satellite teams, the study appears to generate a decadal global warming trend of around 0.1°C, almost identical to the 3 mainstream satellite data sets.
- Arctic temperatures did indeed have a peak around 1940, but the decadal mean temperatures are now warmer than the mean over 1935-1944.
- The eleven chapters are chronological, presenting a decadal review covering the period from 1850 through the latter 1990s, although the historical context frequently spills over between the time frame of each chapter and topic.
late Middle English (denoting each of ten parts of a literary work): via Old French and late Latin from Greek deka 'ten'. sense 1 dates from the early 17th century.
There are two possible pronunciations for decade: one puts the stress on the dec- while the other puts the stress on the -cade (sounds like decayed). The second pronunciation is disapproved of by some traditionalists but is now regarded as a standard, acceptable alternative.
Más definiciones de decadeDefinición de decade en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.