An athletic event taking place over two days, in which each competitor takes part in the same prescribed ten events (100 metres sprint, long jump, shot-put, high jump, 400 metres, 110 metres hurdles, discus, pole vault, javelin, and 1,500 metres).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Kazahkstan athlete leads the decathlon after seven events.
- Steve Harris is a Senior Level 4 coach at the Barnet and District Athletics Club, coaching events in long jump, sprints, decathlon, discus and javelin.
- ‘This Rover Initiative will help raise the profile of combined events and encourage more youngsters to take up the decathlon and heptathlon,’ added Campbell.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- United States decathlete Dan O'Brien won the event to avenge his disappointment for not making the Olympics four years earlier.
- Bergvall, a former decathlete who has been her trainer since 1999, first spotted Klüft at her local sports club when she was 13.
- The 26-year-old decathlete eased past the qualifying target of 7,700 points after two days of competition at the Hexham International Multi-Events competition.
Early 20th century: from deca- 'ten' + Greek athlon 'contest'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: dec|ath¦lon
Definición de decathlon en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda