Definición de decerebrate en inglés:
verbo[with object] (usually as adjective decerebrated) Biology
Remove the cerebrum from (a laboratory animal): a decerebrated frog loses the power to learn by experience
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the most horrifying things I have ever witnessed was an experiment in which a cat was ‘decerebrated ‘, that is, it had all of its brain scraped out.’
- It has been shown that decerebrated or anaesthetised animals start to chew with no other stimulation than placing some food in the mouth.
- In decerebrated animals, rhythmic masticatory motions can also be induced by stimuli in and around the oral area.
- Example sentences
- Using anaesthetics, analgesics, or decerebration for the purposes of experiments or scientific procedures itself brings the procedure within the regulatory framework.
- On arrival in the hospital emergency department, examination revealed signs of decerebration with dilation of both pupils.
- After partial decerebration, the thymic cortical and medullary compartments diminished markedly in size.
Definición de decerebrate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia