verbo[with object] (usually as adjective decerebrated) Biology
Remove the cerebrum from (a laboratory animal): a decerebrated frog loses the power to learn by experience
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the most horrifying things I have ever witnessed was an experiment in which a cat was ‘decerebrated ‘, that is, it had all of its brain scraped out.’
- It has been shown that decerebrated or anaesthetised animals start to chew with no other stimulation than placing some food in the mouth.
- In decerebrated animals, rhythmic masticatory motions can also be induced by stimuli in and around the oral area.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Using anaesthetics, analgesics, or decerebration for the purposes of experiments or scientific procedures itself brings the procedure within the regulatory framework.
- On arrival in the hospital emergency department, examination revealed signs of decerebration with dilation of both pupils.
- After partial decerebration, the thymic cortical and medullary compartments diminished markedly in size.
Definición de decerebrate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.