Definición de decibel en inglés:
1A unit used to measure the intensity of a sound or the power level of an electrical signal by comparing it with a given level on a logarithmic scale.
- Because the range of sound pressures that can be heard is so large, a logarithmic scale of decibels is used to measure sound intensity.
- Intensity is measured in decibels, most commonly using the decibel ‘A’ scale (dbA).
- Sound pressure against the ears is measured in decibels.
1.1(In general use) a degree of loudness: his voice went up several decibels
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the three or four populated tables were generating very few decibels, either out of respect for the luxy environment or because they couldn't.
- Well, it wasn't rock and roll as you would recognise it but there was certainly enough power and decibels to give the lugholes a good stinging.
- The whine level reached decibels previously unheard of.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan