Definición de decibel en inglés:
1A unit used to measure the intensity of a sound or the power level of an electrical signal by comparing it with a given level on a logarithmic scale.
- Because the range of sound pressures that can be heard is so large, a logarithmic scale of decibels is used to measure sound intensity.
- Intensity is measured in decibels, most commonly using the decibel ‘A’ scale (dbA).
- Sound pressure against the ears is measured in decibels.
1.1(In general use) a degree of loudness: his voice went up several decibels
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the three or four populated tables were generating very few decibels, either out of respect for the luxy environment or because they couldn't.
- Well, it wasn't rock and roll as you would recognise it but there was certainly enough power and decibels to give the lugholes a good stinging.
- The whine level reached decibels previously unheard of.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan