- 1(Of a quality) definite; unquestionable: the sunshine is a decided improvementMás ejemplos en oraciones
distinct, clear, clear-cut, marked, pronounced, obvious, striking, noticeable, unmistakable, patent, manifest, express, definite, certain, positive, absolute, emphatic, categorical, unambiguous, undeniable, unequivocal, indisputable, undisputed, unquestionable, assured, guaranteed• archaic sensible
- Mid-way through her answer, her neatly measured affability gives way to a decided prickliness.
- The unfolding credit market dislocation took a decided turn for the worst this week.
- The density of the population figures by county shows a decided bias in favour of East Anglia.
- 1.1(Of a person) having clear opinions; resolute: you could never talk him round, he was very decidedMás ejemplos en oraciones
determined, resolute, firm, strong-minded, strong-willed, dogged, purposeful, forceful, emphatic, dead set, unhesitating, unwavering, unswerving, unfaltering, unyielding, unbending, inflexible, unmalleable, unshakeable, unrelenting, obdurate, obstinate, stubborn, intransigent; North American rock-ribbed• rare indurate
- My dad puts a comforting hand on my mother's shoulder and gets up; a decided look on his face.
- In his views, he was very decided.
- She's very decided on what she thinks, more than I am.
- 1.2(Of a legal case) having been resolved: he quotes from decided casesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That is not an issue which in our researches we have been able to uncover any decided case where it has emerged.
- No definite rule of guidance to be followed under all circumstances can be extracted from the decided cases.
- There have been few decided cases on its application in the context of health care.