sustantivo[mass noun] Physiology
- The thick layer of modified mucous membrane which lines the uterus during pregnancy and is shed with the afterbirth.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One mechanism by which microorganisms might cause preterm labor is through ascension from the cervical/vaginal area and replication in the placenta, decidua and membranes.
- There were large amounts of polarizable foreign body material contained within the membranes and maternal decidua, without associated inflammation or tissue reaction.
- The tissue is sent to the laboratory where the fetal villi are dissected from the maternal decidua and either processed directly or cultured for chromosomal, DNA or biochemical analysis.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The pathophysiologic events that trigger preterm birth are largely unknown but may include decidual hemorrhage, uterine overdistension, and hormonal changes possibly mediated by fetal or maternal stress.
- The thickened, hormonally charged decidual tissue is a fertile implantation site for the enlarging placenta and also acts as a barrier between the placental tissue and uterine muscle.
- Separate fragments of secretory endometrium with decidual stromal reaction and inactive glands were also seen.
late 18th century: from modern Latin decidua (membrana), literally 'falling off (membrane)'.
Más definiciones de deciduaDefinición de decidua en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.