- 1Each of ten equal groups into which a population can be divided according to the distribution of values of a particular variable: the lowest income decile of the populationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In one study based on U.S. data, for example, people in the top decile of the income distribution averaged more than five points higher on a ten-point happiness scale than people in the bottom decile.
- The bottom deciles all lost real income between 1982 and 1998.
- Individuals who were in the lowest part of the income distribution for more than a decade face gasoline tax burdens nearly twice as high as the burden placed on the top decile of income.
- 1.1Each of the nine values of the random variable which divide a population into ten deciles.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nine intervals, rather than deciles, were selected so that the expected mean value would be contained in a single central interval.
late 17th century: from French décile, from a medieval Latin derivative of Latin decem 'ten'.
Más definiciones de decileDefinición de decile en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.